Since the Tezos Foundation announced that it will give away Ledger Nano S hardware wallets to contributors to its fundraiser, we have already seen almost 3,000 interactions with the giveaway smart contract! Thank you to everyone who has participated so far.
This gift from the Tezos Foundation is meant to celebrate the first anniversary of the Tezos betanet launch. To commemorate those who contributed to the fundraiser, all of the Ledgers that will be distributed will be engraved with the Tezos logo, ꜩ.
Fundraiser contributors must activate their recommended allocations before they may interact with the giveaway smart contract to be eligible to receive promo codes for free Tezos engraved Ledger Nano S hardware wallets.
Below are the steps to activate and access a recommended allocation – if a contributor has not done so already – and claim a free Ledger Nano S:
1. Check a contribution
Enter a Tezos public key hash (begins with tz1…) from the fundraiser to check its recommended allocation. A contributor may find its public key hash on the PDF document it created during the fundraiser.
2. Obtain an activation code
An activation code is required to access a recommended allocation. Contributors must complete the Foundation’s verification process to obtain the activation codes corresponding to their public key hashes from the fundraiser. Contributors who have not completed this process may still do so now.
3. Activate a recommended allocation
A recommended allocation must be activated before it may be accessed. Contributors may activate the recommended allocations corresponding to public key hashes from the fundraiser using the Activation Tool.
4. Access a recommended allocation
Access a recommended allocation after it has been activated by using a Tezos wallet. Below are some Tezos wallets that have undergone independent external security audits — be sure to take all available safety precautions when entering private key information anywhere. Any party or software, such as a wallet, that gains knowledge of private key information will have access to the XTZ controlled by the corresponding public key hash.
5. Claim a Ledger Nano S
Once a contributor has accessed a recommended allocation, it may follow these instructions if it would like to continue with the procedure to claim a free Ledger Nano S hardware wallet:
- Send a transaction of 0 XTZ (please find instructions for the command line interface, Galleon wallet, and TezBox wallet in our previous blog post) to the smart contract at KT1BRudFZEXLYANgmZTka1xCDN5nWTMWY7SZ before 15 July 2019 at 23:59 UTC. Transactions must be sent from a Tezos public key hash corresponding to a valid donation to the Foundation’s fundraiser and are solely for the purpose of confirming eligibility for a free Ledger Nano S. We will never ask contributors to send funds to an account or contract. Please be aware of phishing attempts and take all available safety precautions.
- This address is a smart contract that will record 0 XTZ transactions, as well as any other transaction that interacts with it. Additionally, it will automatically return any XTZ that are sent to it, should more than 0 XTZ be sent by mistake. This process is meant to validate ownership of an activated account that contributed to the Foundation’s fundraiser.
- After 15 July 2019, and on a monthly basis following this date, we will review all public key hashes that interact with the above smart contract. Next, we will send emails containing unique promo codes for 100% discounts on Ledger Nano S devices to the email addresses corresponding to these public key hashes, if there are any. These email addresses will be the ones submitted by contributors to complete the Foundation’s verification process at https://verification.tezos.com/. By interacting with the above mentioned smart contract, a contributor authorizes the Tezos Foundation to use an email address submitted to https://verification.tezos.com/ for the purpose of sending a promo code. The promo codes will also cover costs for regular shipping and some additional fees such as VAT and sales tax. These Ledger Nano S devices will be claimed directly from https://www.ledger.com/ using the promo codes that will be provided.