The Tezos Foundation is pleased to announce the completion of five security audits covering the Tezos core protocol, the Tezos Foundation’s vesting smart contracts, the Galleon and TezBox wallets, and Obsidian Systems’ Ledger Applications. These security audits were conducted by Least Authority, a leading software auditor.
We approached Least Authority with these security audit requests, of which the results are available in full via the links below, to further our efforts of improving the security of the Tezos core protocol and greater ecosystem.
All five audits were performed in 2018 and focused primarily on code quality, security of the implementation, issues and vulnerabilities that appeared to be a threat, and suggestions and areas for further discussion as it pertains to security best practices. Least Authority’s statement regarding the audits may be found in this post.
We intend to continue working with Least Authority and other third-party auditors to implement security best practices and minimize the risk of serious threats and vulnerabilities for the Tezos protocol and greater ecosystem.
The Foundation, alongside Least Authority, will participate in a Reddit AMA on the Tezos Reddit forum on Tuesday, March 26th at 12 pm EDT to discuss the results of the audits, should you have any additional questions.
Below are the links to the audit reports and our responses:
- Tezos Protocol: https://leastauthority.com/static/publications/LeastAuthority-Tezos-Protocol-Audit-Report.pdf
- Tezos Foundation’s Vesting Smart Contracts: https://leastauthority.com/static/publications/LeastAuthority-Tezos-Foundation-Smart-Contracts-Audit-Report.pdf
- Galleon Wallet: https://leastauthority.com/static/publications/LeastAuthority-Galleon-Wallet-Audit-Report.pdf
- Ledger Applications: https://leastauthority.com/static/publications/LeastAuthority-Tezos-Ledger-Applications-Audit-Report.pdf
- TezBox Wallet: https://leastauthority.com/static/publications/LeastAuthority-Tezos-TezBox-Audit-Report.pdf
- Tezos Foundation’s Response for Protocol: https://leastauthority.com/static/publications/Tezos-Foundation-Response-Protocol-Audit-Report.pdf
- Tezos Foundation’s Response for Vesting Smart Contracts: https://leastauthority.com/static/publications/Tezos-Foundation-Response-Smart-Contracts-Audit-Report.pdf