The Tezos Foundation is excited to issue its next request for proposals (RFP) for Tezos ecosystem grants. This RFP comes after Monday’s announcement of the Foundation’s third cohort of ecosystem grantees.
For its next cohort of ecosystem grants, the Foundation will consider and accept proposals targeting the following categories:
- Applications built using Tezos smart contracts (with a special interest in Decentralized Finance, or “DeFi”, and digital securities applications)
- Tools for Tezos smart contract development (e.g. smart contract testing tools, smart contract templates, infrastructure, etc.)
- Integrations to existing tools (e.g. Truffle Suite)
- Educational/training resources covering Tezos (e.g. Kauri, CryptoZombies, etc.)
- Online resources usable for self-training
- Example applications with detailed tutorials showing technology selection and implementation
- Tutorials and experimental projects with a primary goal of full documentation and explanation. Such projects should have a duration of ~2 weeks and range from 1,000 – 5,000 USD. Successful projects may receive continued funding
- Projects focused on using Tezos in new markets (industries and/or geographies)
- Marketing and other initiatives to help increase awareness of Tezos and its ecosystem
- Tooling around tez as money
- Accounting tooling (for bakers and general merchants)
- Integrations with existing accounting tooling
- Integrations into Point-of-Sale systems
- Projects which are uniquely possible on Tezos
- Other proposals for projects targeting categories not listed above that may benefit the Tezos ecosystem
Funding requests must not be greater than 100,000 USD to be considered. Software tools to be supported must be made publicly available under an open-source license. Please do not submit multiple proposals for the same underlying project.
What to expect when submitting a grant application
Although a full review will take 4-6 weeks after the application period closes, if you have any questions about the status of your application, please email [email protected] Our team will get back to you within 24-48 hours with an update on your proposal’s status.
Proposals will be reviewed according to the process outlined below.
- All applications must be submitted no later than 21 February 2020 at 23:59 EST.
- After all applications are received, we will conduct an initial review to filter out proposals that are not in line with the Foundation’s priorities.
- Applications in line with our priorities will be sent to the Technical Advisory Committee for technical review.
- Upon completion of the Technical Advisory Committee review, successful applications will be sent to the Tezos Foundation Council for final decisions to be made. Applications that are approved by the Council will receive communication about next steps including due diligence and legal paperwork.
- Due diligence will begin and may include checks into prior technical work experience and projects, skills, background, references, etc.
- Upon successful clearance of due diligence, legal paperwork will be shared with prospective grantees for review and signatures. Once all legal documentation is completed, funds will be transferred to the approved projects.